Ok, so I’m trying to compose a list over top 10 UX gurus of 2014 and I’m getting a bit disappointed of myself because I end up with “the usual suspects”. I would really like to get a few new names on the list.
In no particular order with a short explanation why I have these on top of my mind:
- Jared Spool (for his constant contributions to the ux community in form of talks and reports and more)
- Jakob Nielsen (for his constant contributions to the ux community in form of talks and reports and more)
- Jesse James Garrett (the user experience elements)
- Alan Cooper & Kim Goodwin (Personas & Scenario technique and the “Inmates are running the Asylum” book)
- Louis Rosenfeld (“the Polar Bear” book with Peter Morville and “Information Anxiety 2”)
- Peter Morville (see above + the honeycomb model)
- Tim Brown (inspiring talks and ideas and CEO of Ideo)
- Brandon Schauer (inspiring talks and ideas and CEO of Adaptive Path)
- Barry Schwartz (author of the book “The paradox of choice” – he is maybe not primarily a “UX Guru” – but for me his theories changed the way I personally looked at my own designs more than many others more well known).
- Luke Wroblewski (“Mobile first” )
There are a a list of great inspirational, motivational speakers and thought leaders that I didn’t put in top 10 list but should get a mention:
- Joshua Porter
- Stephen Anderson
- Steve Krug
- Eric Reiss
- Don Norman
- Bruce Tognazzini
- BJ Fogg
- Gerry McGovern
Help me find a few more names to add to the list by tweeting their name (to me @haakonha) or comment below.